Buddha

Monday, June 5, 2023

Story of Good Disciple

 Once a Disciple named Purna asked Buddha " Kindly give permission to go to a village named Sukkha where I can give message about Dhamma. I think they are in need of the message". Buddha replied" Purna, do you know the people their are very evil and ill mannered. If they started abusing you what will happen".

Buddha with young monk
Buddha with Disciple


Purna said, " Oh the Great one, If they swear and abuse me , I will thank them that they just abused me and did not beat me".

Buddha asked again" What if they started beating you?"

" I will thank them that they just beat me and did not kill me". Purna replied.

To this Buddha said" Purna , what will happen if they kill  you on that moment".

Purna explained Buddha" Oh the Enlightened one, on that moment I will grateful to them that I would have done many mistakes in my future and they have released me from that (Moksha)."

Buddha replied" You can go there Purna".


Story About Angulimal: Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment